Skip to main content

Anticipated September Releases

September is looking like THE month for book publications! Here are 5 books that I'm looking forward to:


1) The Reader - Traci Chee
Release date: 13 September



I've heard a lot of hype about this book and the premise sounds interesting. A world where reading is illegal. After Sefia's father is murdered, she finds the only thing that holds the answers is a strange, rectangular object he left behind--a book.



2) A Shadow Bright and Burning - Jessica Cluess
Release date: 20 September



Again, a book that has received a lot of attention. Henrietta Howel is the first female sorcerer in a hundred years and has been heralded as the Chosen One. Except she isn't. But she can't let them know.



3) Three Dark Crowns - Kendare Blake
Release date: 20 September



I love Kendare Blake and everything she's ever written, so when I heard about this new series I was beyond excited. Besides that, the story sounds very intriguing. And, knowing Blake, it will be dark and horrible and I can't wait.



4) Like A River Glorious (Gold Seer Trilogy) - Rae Carson
Release Date: 27 September


This is the sequel to Walk The Earth A Stranger, which was one of my top books from 2015. The main character, Lee, has finally settled into her new life in California. But her uncle is still after her, and her strange powers with gold are growing and changing.



5) Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo
Release date: 27 September



This is the sequel to Six of Crows, an Ocean's Eleven type heist set in a fantasy world with a very colorful cast of characters. Six of Crows left off on a crazy cliff-hanger, so I'm excited to see the gang back in action and taking revenge.




What books are you looking forward to reading this month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Themes: Five Books to Escape to a New World

Hello everyone! *waves* Remember how I said I was "back" and then didn't post anything for tover a year? Well now with this global pandemic I finally am returning to this blog. Lots of people are reading more than ever now, and I've had many people ask me to recommend various books. So I thought I'd do some posts more along those themes, and perhaps the occasional book review sprinkled in between. Today, the theme is inspired by traveling and exploring. I, like many of you, am tired of being stuck inside and unable to travel. One of the thing I love most about books is it's a way to escape and go on a new adventure. And I especially love books about finding a new world, ones that capture that awe and fascination and magical sense of a new place. It calls to that part deep within me that longs to see stunning vistas and meet new people and get to know a culture different from my own. Here are five books that capture that feeling, and will leave you aching t...

Monthly Roundup - November 2016

To me, November is always synonymous with 'gratitude', due to Thanksgiving and the approaching Christmas/holiday season. This month, I reflected on how thankful I am to be able to read. It blesses and enhances my life in an immeasurable way. It allows me to travel to distant lands, see inside someone else's mind, and have adventures, all while curled up on my couch. It inspires me to take action and to be a better person. My goal this year is to read 100 books. If I take a step back, how amazing is it that I can make--and most likely achieve--that goal? Reading and books are such an amazing blessing, and I'm grateful to have that in my life. I read 7 books this month, putting my total at 89. 1) Labirynth Lost - Zoraida Córdova (3.5 stars) 2) The Forgetting - Sharon Cameron (4.5 stars) 3) Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo (4.5 stars) ( Reread ) 4) Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo (5 stars) 5) And I Darken - Kiersten White (2 stars) 6) Heartless - Marissa Meyer ...

Arcanum Unbounded

Arcanum Unbounded - Brandon Sanderson Synopsis A collection of Sanderson's "short" stories and novellas set in his Cosmere universe. Review It's no secret that Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite authors. His writing is stupendous, his stories are incredible and his plot twists are mind-blowing. Rarely can I figure out exactly where the story is headed, but I am always exceptionally pleased when I get there! Sanderson isn't as known for his "short" stories. Probably because they aren't short. Two of them in this collection clock in around 40k words, which is approaching the line between a novella and a novel. A few of the stories ( The Emperor's Soul, Sixth of the Dusk, Shadows for Silence ) can be read with no knowledge of his other books, and would perhaps be a good introduction to his writing. Those ones you can get individually or are published in other anthologies. I myself had already read a few of the stories, but withi...