Skip to main content

Most Anticipated Books - 2018

Another great year of books has come and gone, and this year is looking to be just as amazing! Here are some of the books I'm looking forward to for the first few months of 2018!


January

The Cruel Prince - Holly Black
Jan 2
Jude fights within the Faerie Court to win a place for herself and to save her sisters.

Reign the Earth - A. C. Gaughen
Jan 30
After a political marriage to save her people, Shalia discovers she has the magical powers her new husband wants to eliminate.


February

The Belles - Dhonielle Clayton
Feb 6
Camellia joins the royal court in order to be the best of the Belles, but discovers that dark secrets lurk behind the beauty and that she is far more powerful than she ever imagined.

The Queen's Rising - Rebecca Ross
Feb 6
Brienna is caught up in a plot to overthrow the King and bring back the rightful Queen, and her magic. But who will be that Queen?

The Rogue Queen (Queen #3) - Emily R. King
Feb 13
The third book in the Hundredth Queen series, Kalinda fights to restore her kingdom, making new allies and testing old loyalties.

The Armored Saint - Myke Cole
Feb 20
"After witnessing a horrendous slaughter, the village girl Heloise opposes the Order [which kills wizards], and risks bringing their wrath down on herself, her family, and her village." -From Goodreads

Daughter of the Siren Queen (Pirate King #2)- Tricia Levenseller
Feb 26
The sequel to Pirate King, Alosa must race to find the legendary treasure as past secrets are exposed. I loved the first book, so I'm excited for more exciting lady pirate adventures!


March

Children of Blood and Bone - Tomi Adeyemi
Mar 6
After one fateful night where a cruel king caused magic to disappear, ZĂ©ile has one chance to bring it back, and strike down the monarchy.

Hero at the Fall (Rebel #3) - Alwyn Hamilton
Mar 6
The third and final book in the Rebel of the Sands trilogy, Amani struggles to lead her ragtag group of rebels as they attempt a rescue mission from a legendary city.

Obsidio (Illuminae #3)- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Mar 13
Third and final book in the Illuminae series. I LOVED the first two books and they left off on quote the cliffhanger, so I can't wait to see how this is all resolved.


April

Dread Nation - Justina Ireland
Apr 3
The American Civil War is interrupted when the dead begin to rise, giving way to an alternate history.  Jane, a black girl, trains to fight the dead, and also protect the living, and gets caught up in a conspiracy.

Defy the Worlds (Constellation #2) - Claudia Gray
Apr 3
Sequel to Defy the Stars, one of my favorites from last year.

Sky in the Deep - Adrienne Young
Apr 24
A Viking-inspired fantasy. Eelyn's clan fights against a rival clan, and when she sees her brother fighting with them, who she saw die five years ago, her whole world is turned upside down. This is one of my most anticipated books of 2018!!!



May

A Court of Frost and Starlight - Sarah J. Maas
May 1
A novella that continues the story between the two trilogies in this series.

A Reaper at the Gates (Ember #3) - Sabaa Tahir
May 22
The third book in the Ember in the Ashes series.




What books are you looking forward to this year? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monthly Roundup - January 2017

In January I read 6 books, which is keeping with the pace I need in order to read 80 books this year. 1) The Reader - Traci Chee (3 stars) 2) Wayfarer - Alexandra Bracken (3.5 stars) 3) Windwitch - Susan Dennard (3.5 stars) 4) The Underground Railroad  - Colson Whitehead (3 stars) 5) Behind the Throne  - K. B. Wagers (5 stars) 6) Queen of Shadows  - Sarah J. Maas (4 stars) I say that's a pretty good start to 2017! I recently started a new job, so posts have slowed while I rediscover the work/life balance, but overall I really enjoyed the books I read this month and would recommend them all (especially Behind the Throne !!! Gahh!!! Review coming soon!). My TBR pile for February is a mile long, but I'm especially excited for A Conjuring of Light,  the conclusion to the Shades of Magic  series by V. E. Schwab. I've also got the February Book Club pick, Daring Greatly  by BrenĂ© Brown, and I'll finally finish up Empire of Storms , the latest book in Sarah

Monthly Roundup: March 2017

Notice something different? I changed the layout of the blog! What do you think? There are a few kinks I'm still trying to work out, like now the sidebar is only visible from the menu button at the top left side of the page, but I'll figure it out ;) This month I read seven books! I'm now actually four books ahead of my goal for the year. I thought that with working, etc., I wouldn't have as much time to read, but I've also learned that you have to make time to read, which I do every night. It wasn't a *great* month for books, in terms of quality. There were a few books I had high expectations for and they didn't quite meet them, though I still enjoyed them! If you need a refresher for what the various star ratings mean, then you can check out the "Ratings Guide" at the top of the blog. Reviews are coming soon! Beyond the Savanna - Maryann Martinsen (2.5 stars) Empress of a Thousand Skies - Rhoda Belleza (3 stars) Norse Gods - Neil

Arcanum Unbounded

Arcanum Unbounded - Brandon Sanderson Synopsis A collection of Sanderson's "short" stories and novellas set in his Cosmere universe. Review It's no secret that Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite authors. His writing is stupendous, his stories are incredible and his plot twists are mind-blowing. Rarely can I figure out exactly where the story is headed, but I am always exceptionally pleased when I get there! Sanderson isn't as known for his "short" stories. Probably because they aren't short. Two of them in this collection clock in around 40k words, which is approaching the line between a novella and a novel. A few of the stories ( The Emperor's Soul, Sixth of the Dusk, Shadows for Silence ) can be read with no knowledge of his other books, and would perhaps be a good introduction to his writing. Those ones you can get individually or are published in other anthologies. I myself had already read a few of the stories, but withi