Skip to main content

Book List in 2016

This year, I set a goal to read 100 books, and I beat it by one! It was a fabulous year for books: Lots of amazing new releases, new series, and much anticipated sequels.

In grand total, I read 101 books this year:
  1. Wolf by Wolf - Ryan Graudin
  2. A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas
  3. Trigger Warnings - Neil Gaiman
  4. Girl Waits With Gun - Amy Stewart
  5. Bands of Mourning - Brandon Sanderson
  6. Mistborn: Secret History - Brandon Sanderson
  7. Orphan Train - Christina Baker Kline
  8. The Miniaturist - Jessie Burton
  9. Modern Romance - Aziz Ansari
  10. A Darker Shade of Magic - V. E. Schwab (reread)
  11. Calamity - Brandon Sanderson
  12. A Gathering of Shadows - V. E. Schwab
  13. Fates and Furies - Lauren Groff
  14. Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo
  15. The Lady Astronaut of Mars - Mary Robinette Kowall
  16. The Force Awakens - Alan Dean Foster (novalization
  17. Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo
  18. Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo
  19. The Selection - Kiera Cass (reread)
  20. The Elite - Kiera Cass (reread)
  21. The One - Kiera Cass (reread)
  22. The Siren - Kiera Cass
  23. Happily Ever After - Kiera Cass
  24. The Heir - Kiera Cass (reread)
  25. Sourcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho
  26. Between the World and Me - Ta-Nehisi Coates
  27. Bluescreen - Dan Wells
  28. Rebel of the Sands - Alwyn Hamilton
  29. Longbourn - Jo Baker
  30. Catherine, Called Birdy - Karen Cushman (reread)
  31. City of Stairs - Robert J. Bennett
  32. The Crown - Kiera Cass
  33. City of Blades - Robert J. Bennett
  34. Luckiest Girl Alive - Jessica Knoll
  35. Eligible - Curtis Sittenfeld
  36. Me Before You - Jojo Myers
  37. Chasing Redbird - Sharon Creech
  38. The Midwife's Apprentice - Karen Cushman (reread)
  39. The Last Painting of Sara de Vos - Dominic Smith
  40. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
  41. Socks - Beverly Cleary
  42. Scarlet - Marissa Meyer
  43. After You - Jojo Myers
  44. Edenbrooke - Julianne Donaldson (reread)
  45. Red Rising - Pierce Brown
  46. All The Birds In The Sky - Charlie Jane Anders
  47. Every Heart a Doorway - Seanan McGuire 
  48. The Taming of the Queen - Philippa Gregory
  49. Cress - Marissa Meyer
  50. This Savage Song - Victoria (V. E.) Schwab
  51. Winter - Marissa Meyer
  52. The Glittering Court - Richelle Mead
  53. Eric - Terry Pratchett
  54. You're Never Weird on the Internet - Felicia Day
  55. The Star-touched Queen - Roshani Chokshi
  56. Under My Hat: Tales from the Cauldron - Jonathan Strahan
  57. The Gift of Imperfection - Brené Brown
  58. Passenger - Alexandra Bracken
  59. Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black
  60. Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
  61. The Rosie Effect - Graeme Simsion
  62. The Jewel - Amy Ewing
  63. A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas
  64. The White Rose - Amy Ewing
  65. The Ballard of Lucy Whipple - Karen Cushman
  66. The Hippopotamus Pool - Elizabeth Peters (reread)
  67. An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir (reread)
  68. A Torch Against the Night - Sabaa Tahir
  69. Carry On - Rainbow Rowell
  70. Ink and Bone - Rachel Caine
  71. Three Dark Crowns - Kendare Blake
  72. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware
  73. Matilda - Roald Dahl (reread)
  74. The Chaos of Stars - Kiersten White
  75. Reawakened - Colleen Houck
  76. Defy - Sara B. Larson
  77. The Thousandth Floor - Katharine McGee 
  78. Like a River Glorious - Rae Carson
  79. Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
  80. A Shadow Bright and Burning - Jessica Cluess
  81. Replica - Lauren Oliver
  82. The Female of the Species - Mindy McGinnis
  83. Labyrinth Lost - Zoraida Córdova
  84. The Forgetting - Sharon Cameron
  85. Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo (reread)
  86. Crooked Kingdom - Leigh Bardugo
  87. And I Darken - Kiersten White
  88. Heartless - Marissa Meyer
  89. Arcanum Unbounded - Brandon Sanderson
  90. Elantris - Brandon Sanderson (reread)
  91. The Forbidden Wish - Jessica Khoury 
  92. The Girl from Everywhere - Heidi Heilig
  93. The Sun is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon
  94. Half the World - Joe Abercrombie
  95. Lady Cop Makes Trouble - Amy Stewart 
  96. Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas
  97. Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas
  98. Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas
  99. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet - Becky Chambers
  100. Truthwitch - Susan Dennard
  101. This Is Where It Ends - Marieke Nijkamp

YA and Fantasy books featured very heavily, as did female authors. In 2017 I would like to expand into other genres and authors of which I haven't read much. But what can I say, I love SF/F, and YA is a super strong genre, and I read what I enjoy!

I'm excited for all the amazing books I'll be able to read in 2017! My TBR list is already a mile long, and there are a ton of new books coming out in 2017 that I want to read, but the wonderful thing about books is they're always there, patiently waiting for us to discover the adventure and magic within. (Cheesy, I know, but it's true!)

How many books did you manage to read this year? What are your goals for 2017?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monthly Roundup - January 2017

In January I read 6 books, which is keeping with the pace I need in order to read 80 books this year. 1) The Reader - Traci Chee (3 stars) 2) Wayfarer - Alexandra Bracken (3.5 stars) 3) Windwitch - Susan Dennard (3.5 stars) 4) The Underground Railroad  - Colson Whitehead (3 stars) 5) Behind the Throne  - K. B. Wagers (5 stars) 6) Queen of Shadows  - Sarah J. Maas (4 stars) I say that's a pretty good start to 2017! I recently started a new job, so posts have slowed while I rediscover the work/life balance, but overall I really enjoyed the books I read this month and would recommend them all (especially Behind the Throne !!! Gahh!!! Review coming soon!). My TBR pile for February is a mile long, but I'm especially excited for A Conjuring of Light,  the conclusion to the Shades of Magic  series by V. E. Schwab. I've also got the February Book Club pick, Daring Greatly  by Brené Brown, and I'll finally finish up Empire of Storms , the latest book in Sarah

Monthly Roundup: March 2017

Notice something different? I changed the layout of the blog! What do you think? There are a few kinks I'm still trying to work out, like now the sidebar is only visible from the menu button at the top left side of the page, but I'll figure it out ;) This month I read seven books! I'm now actually four books ahead of my goal for the year. I thought that with working, etc., I wouldn't have as much time to read, but I've also learned that you have to make time to read, which I do every night. It wasn't a *great* month for books, in terms of quality. There were a few books I had high expectations for and they didn't quite meet them, though I still enjoyed them! If you need a refresher for what the various star ratings mean, then you can check out the "Ratings Guide" at the top of the blog. Reviews are coming soon! Beyond the Savanna - Maryann Martinsen (2.5 stars) Empress of a Thousand Skies - Rhoda Belleza (3 stars) Norse Gods - Neil

Arcanum Unbounded

Arcanum Unbounded - Brandon Sanderson Synopsis A collection of Sanderson's "short" stories and novellas set in his Cosmere universe. Review It's no secret that Brandon Sanderson is one of my favorite authors. His writing is stupendous, his stories are incredible and his plot twists are mind-blowing. Rarely can I figure out exactly where the story is headed, but I am always exceptionally pleased when I get there! Sanderson isn't as known for his "short" stories. Probably because they aren't short. Two of them in this collection clock in around 40k words, which is approaching the line between a novella and a novel. A few of the stories ( The Emperor's Soul, Sixth of the Dusk, Shadows for Silence ) can be read with no knowledge of his other books, and would perhaps be a good introduction to his writing. Those ones you can get individually or are published in other anthologies. I myself had already read a few of the stories, but withi